Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ex 21: Getting Social with it: Facebook, Bebo etc

I thought the library Bebo sights were quite good, especially Rotorua's one - it's another tool to get out what we do, are, and are going to be in the future in the world of libraries and thats got to be a good thing.
Surprisingly I had already set myself up with a Facebook account but then chickened out thinking I didn't want to make myself available to the world but I guess you can put as much, or as little as you want. I searched for someone I know is on there and when it came up with 252 people with the same name, I wondered how I might find her as there didn't seem to be a picture of her (unless that was her mountain biking!!). Clicking on her friends answered the question tho'.
MySpace looked quite good and I was keen to watch a couple of videos but unfortunately the speed (or lack of) was offputting for me, so I will come back to this at a later date.

No comments: